The Spicy Grapefruit Margarita brings together a bitter-sweet and spicy drink. It’s a great variation of a classic margarita, everyone’s favourite tequila cocktail.
The Spicy Grapefruit Margarita is perfect with barbecued meat and roasted veg on a cooler summer evening. But then, any time is margarita time in our household!
The mellower taste of Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado doesn’t fight with the bitterness of the grapefruit and compliments the chilli warmth that comes through the salt/chilli rim.
There’s a warm chilli kick to finish that will have you reaching for more.
SPICY GRAPEFRUIT MARGARITA (SERVES 1)
50ml Jose Cuervo Tradicional® Reposado
25ml Fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp Agave Syrup
1 round slice of Jalapeño Pepper
50ml parts Grapefruit Juice
3 pinches Salt
1 pinch Mild Chilli Powder
Small grapefruit or lime wedges for garnish (optional)
Extra round slice of Jalapeño for garnish (optional)
1. Shake together Ice, Jalapeño segment and all liquids including syrup
2. Prepare a salt and chilli mix in a small dish
3. Wet half the rim of the glass using a lime wedge
4. Dip this wet rim in the salt and chilli mix
5. Put the extra piece of jalapeño in a glass and fill on top with ice
6. Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass
7. Garnish with grapefruit or lime wedges if available
Adapted from : Cuervo