This weekend is the UK’s biggest tequila festival. Now in its 5th year, The Tequila & Mezcal Fest has cemented itself as one of, if not the most, important events for Tequila & Mezcal in the UK.
New tequilas, old tequilas, plenty of mezcals, some other agave products, and a lot of fun. If you haven’t bought your tickets for the festival – buy them on their website here.
They are £20 per session with 4 sessions over Friday 4th-Sunday 6th October, at the OXO Tower Bargehouse, London.
If you want a chance to try tequila from the likes of –
- Los Altos
And Mezcal from –
- Gem & Bolt
- Mezcal Union
Plus a whole bunch more, then you’ll want to attend.
On the trade day we had the chance to get a preview of this year’s festival and speak to some of our partners and champions of the tequila world.
It’s always nice to see familiar faces and some new ones. Hopefully we’ll be seeing more of them on The Tequila Shop soon.
Some of our favourites bits to look forward to at the Tequila Festival:
The Patron Room Takeover
Food from Cafe Pacifico
Dancing and Mariachi Bands!
Seminar: Saturday Afternoon 14:00-14:45 The history of The Margarita by Patrón Tequila.
Seminar: Saturday Afternoon 15:00-15:45 “Who the f*”! is Tequila Fortaleza?
Seminar: Saturday Evening 19:30-20:15 CUERVO – ‘The Tequila Quarter Masterclass’
Seminar: Sunday Afternoon 15:15-16:00 The Mezcal Queens: The important role of women in the Mezcal Industry
Tips for the Tequila Festival
- FOOD – There are food options there but eat beforehand too, there is a lot of drinking.
- WATER – There are also water points but also take your own bottle to stay hydrated.
- Spittoons are provided and will be useful after a while of drinking tequila!
- Go to a seminar, they are led by industry leaders who are seriously passionate about tequila and mezcal.
- Have fun, talk to people, learn about the products, there is nothing else like this in the UK
- If you’re there on Saturday afternoon, look out for us, come say hi or just enjoy the tequila vibes.
The Tequila & Mezcal Festival 2018
Where: is at the OXO Tower Bargehouse in London.
When: Friday 5th- Sunday 6th October 2018.
Price: £20 per session. You can buy tickets on their website here.