Today I’m sharing my tequila chicken nachos. Ah nachos… such a crowd pleaser. The platter-style, sharing dish that encourages social interaction and offers a variety of combinations to keep everybody happy.
This recipe for tequila chicken nachos is like a traybake. We marinate the tequila chicken, cook it up, then assemble a big baking tray full of delicious things such as cheese, sweetcorn, black beans, onion, tomatoes, and jalepeno chillis. We finish it off with a few dollops of fresh soured cream, and a big helping of guacamole.
Nachos are comfort food at its best.
If you like chicken nachos, we’re pretty sure you’ll love tequila chicken nachos.
For this recipe, you will want to make the marinade for the chicken ahead of time. Ideally you want the chicken to sit in the marinade for at least 2 hours. You then fry up the chicken so it’s totally cooked.
Next is the fun bit, spreading a large baking tray (use the biggest and widest you can find) with crunchy tortilla chips and then adding all your fave toppings, except for the soured cream and guacamole (those go on at the very end).
Now, some of you may remember my tequila chicken from a couple of weeks ago. Well, you might notice that I make the marinade differently here. That’s simply because I’ve been experimenting so much with recipes recently that I like to switch up the spices I use and ratios. It’s the fun part of cooking!
If you prefer the other tequila chicken recipe use that instead, either will taste great.
We love eating tequila chicken nachos at barbecues or simply relaxing on the sofa watching our favourite shows on television. Or if you serving buffet style maybe pair this with our tequila-infused coleslaw.
You can pick and choose which toppings you want to add to your nachos traybake.
And if there’s anything we didn’t add, let us know in the comments section below what your favourite nachos topping is!
TEQUILA CHICKEN NACHOS (serves 4)
For the tequila chicken
- 500g Chicken Breast, cut into bitesize pieces
- 100ml Tequila Blanco (Read: How to choose a tequila)
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice (about the equivalent of 1 lime)
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1tsp Ground Cumin
- 1tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- 1tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For the nachos
- Tortilla Chips (1-2 large bags will do it)
- Grated Cheese
- Jalepenos Chillis
- Large Tomato, deseeded and diced
- Red Onion, finely diced
- Sweetcorn, small can
- Black Beans, small can
- 1 Avocado (or make your own Guacamole)
- Soured Cream
- Combine the chicken marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir together. Add the chicken pieces and stir until all pieces are fully covered. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Spread the tortilla chips across a large baking tray. Try to cover any gaps.
- Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the tortilla chips.
- Now sprinkle on the other ingredients – red onion, tomato, sweetcorn, black beans, and
- Once the chicken has marinaded the colour will turn slightly white. Now heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat, and cook the chicken for 7-10 minutes until white all the way through and golden brown on the outside. Sprinkle the chicken evenly over the tortilla chips.
- Finish the tray bake with a final sprinkling of shredded cheese.
- Heat the grill on
a highheat and pop the traybake underneath. Allow to cook until the cheese has melted is just starting to turn gold.
- Serve the tequila chicken nachos immediately with a few dollops of soured cream and guacamole.